Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics requires that the candidate:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and shall have:
(b) been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent; and
(c) completed at least one full-time year of relevant teaching experience, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics shall follow a flexible programme of study totalling at least 60 credits as detailed in the Schedule for the Qualification.
3. The Postgraduate Certificate in Applied Linguistics is awarded without specialisation.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
272.702 Second Language Learning Theories and Processes 30 credits
272.703 Contemporary Approaches to Language Teaching Methodology 30 credits
272.704 Contextualising Curriculum and Materials Design 30 credits
272.705 Advanced TESOL for diverse learners and contexts 30 credits
272.715 Current Issues in Applied Linguistics 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020