Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning Support requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and will
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor's degree in teaching, or equivalent; and
(c) hold registration as a teacher with a current practising certificate from the Teaching Council of Aotearoa New Zealand; and
(d) have completed at least two years of relevant teaching experience as approved by the Academic Board, or their delegate; and
(e) been selected in to the Certificate on the basis of an application which may include the assessment of a professional portfolio.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Certificate in Learning Support shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits at 700 level, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule for the Certificate;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Certificate;
(c) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2 and the Part I Recognition of Prior Learning regulations, with the approval of Academic Board or their delegate candidates may be permitted to credit up to 30 credits of approved Massey University quality assured short course(s) in lieu of a course or courses included in the schedule.
4. The Postgraduate Certificate in Learning Support is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
249.730 Learning Support: Networked Learning 30 credits
P Appraisal required
249.731 Learning Support: Professional Practice 30 credits
P Appraisal required
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020