Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a Bachelor of Accountancy, or equivalent, and have achieved at least a B grade average in the highest level courses.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses at 700 level totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses from the Schedule for the Diploma; and including:
(b) attending Contact Courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Accountancy may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas and Postgraduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Business should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
110.717 Research Methods in Accounting 30 credits
110.792 Special Topic 30 credits
P Appraisal Required
110.799 Research Report 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020