Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma In Museum Studies requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and:
(b) shall have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree having achieved a grade average of at least a B-, or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Museum Studies shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of four courses totalling at least 120 credits comprising:
(a) courses from the Schedule to the Diploma; and including:
(b) any compulsory courses specified in the Schedule to the Diploma;
(c) attendance at Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2(a), and with the approval of Academic Board or their delegate, candidates who have completed at least three years full-time, or equivalent part-time museum experience may be permitted to substitute another 700-level course for one of the elective courses.
4. The Postgraduate Diploma in Museum Studies is awarded without specialisation.
5. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Museum Studies may be awarded with distinction or merit.
6. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Qualifications will apply.
7. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
8. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
150.715 Taonga Tuku Iho: Heritage Aotearoa 30 credits
167.742 Collection Management 30 credits
167.743 Museum Management 30 credits
167.744 Museums and the Public 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020