Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Postgraduate Degrees, Postgraduate Diplomas, and Postgraduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of 700-level courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) courses as listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification; and
(c) attendance at Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, laboratories and practical work as required.
3. The Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Postgraduate Diploma in Public Health may be awarded with distinction or merit.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Postgraduate Qualifications will apply. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
231.728 Public Health Intervention Management 15 credits
231.729 Public Health Research and Evaluation 15 credits
147.704 Drugs and Society 30 credits
150.701 Tino Rangatiratanga: Strategic Māori Development 30 credits
150.702 Pae Ora: Māori Health Advancement 30 credits
150.714 Ta Te Māori Rangahau Korero: Māori Research Methodologies 30 credits
151.716 Advanced Nutrition and Disease 15 credits
151.717 Selected Topics in Public Health Nutrition 15 credits
178.718 Health Economics 30 credits
231.704 Māori Health 30 credits
231.705 Pacific Health 30 credits
231.706 Occupational Health 30 credits
231.707 Environmental Health 30 credits
231.732 Physical Activity Promotion 15 credits
231.733 Big Public Health Issues 15 credits
231.734 Maternal and Child Health 15 credits
250.702 Systems Thinking and Analysis 15 credits
250.703 Health Communication 15 credits
251.731 Advanced Occupational Safety and Health 30 credits
251.772 Advanced Occupational Hygiene 30 credits
251.773 Hazard Management 30 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020