Skip to Content
Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app when you enter campus.
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Elementary Intensive English requires that the candidate will have:
(a) an ability to read and write in any language;
(b) been placed into the qualification on the basis of an assessment of their reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in English;
(c) completed education to the equivalent of at least NCEA Level 1.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Elementary Intensive English shall follow a fixed programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 72 credits from the schedule to the qualification.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, with the approval of the Director, Professional and Continuing Education a candidate may substitute a course or courses listed in the Schedule for the Certificate in Pre-Intermediate Intensive English for one or more courses listed in the Schedule to the qualification.
4. No course may be credited to more than one of Massey University's Intensive English certificates.
5. There are no specialisations for this qualification.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
192.062 Elementary Listening and Speaking18 credits
192.063 Elementary Reading and Writing18 credits
192.064 Skills and Strategies for Elementary Listening and Speaking18 credits
192.065 Skills and Strategies for Elementary Reading and Writing18 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019