Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health requires that the candidate will:
(a) meet the University admission requirements as specified; and
(b) have been awarded or qualified for a relevant Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
2. Candidates for the Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 75 credits at 300-level;
(b) any compulsory courses listed in the Schedule for the Qualification;
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health is awarded without an endorsement.
4. In cases of sufficient merit, the Graduate Diploma in Environmental Health may be awarded with distinction.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
10. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
214.213 Toxic Substances, Human Health and the Environment 15 credits
214.215 Food Safety and Human Health 15 credits
214.216 Environmental and Public Health Law 15 credits
214.301 Environmental Health Risk Management for Disasters 15 credits
214.311 Epidemiology and Communicable Diseases 15 credits
214.312 Environmental Monitoring and Investigative Methods 15 credits
214.314 Water and Waste Treatment 15 credits
214.316 Bio-Physical Effects of Noise and Vibration 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020