Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Certificate in Visual Arts requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Certificate in Visual Arts shall follow a flexible course of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 60 credits, comprising:
(a) courses selected from the Schedule to the Qualification; and including:
(b) attending contact courses, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Notwithstanding Regulation 2, with the approval of Academic Board or their delegate, relevant courses may be substituted for courses included in the Certificate in Visual Arts schedule beyond the normal permitted limits.
4. The Certificate in Visual Arts is awarded without endorsement.
5. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
6. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
7. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
197.119 Coding for Creative Practice 15 credits
197.122 Digital Fabrication 15 credits
197.191 Art and Design: Special Topic I 15 credits
P Appraisal Required
212.100 Fashion Pattern Making 15 credits
212.101 Fashion Construction 15 credits
213.154 Contemporary Drawing 15 credits
213.155 Drawing the Body I 15 credits
221.100 Photography as an Agent of Change 15 credits
222.103 Social Media Culture 15 credits
289.101 Introduction to Web Development 15 credits
289.102 Visualisation for Media Production 15 credits
289.103 Introduction to Computer Animation 15 credits
289.104 Introduction to Visual Effects 15 credits
289.105 Introduction to Digital Video Production 15 credits
289.106 Introduction to Game Technologies and Mechanics 15 credits
289.107 Introduction to Audio Production and Sound Design 15 credits
289.108 Introduction to Animatronics and Modelling 15 credits
289.190 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1a 15 credits
289.191 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1b 15 credits
289.192 Creative Media Production Special Topic 1c 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020