Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma for Education Support Workers requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Diploma for Education Support Workers shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) at least 75 credits at 100 level or above; and including:
(b) any compulsory courses;
(c) attending Contact Workshops, block courses, field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Diploma for Education Support Workers is awarded without an endorsement.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded a Certificate in Arts should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
7. Subject to the Maximum Time to Completion and Abandonment of Study provisions specified in the Part I regulations to the diploma, candidates who commenced study towards the Diploma for Education Support Workers prior to 01 January 2021 will be permitted to substitute completed courses as follows: 254102 and/or 254162 for the compulsory courses 264101 and/or 249382; 249284 for an elective course included in the schedule. These transitional arrangements expire on 31 December 2023.
249.285 Understanding Learners with Diverse Needs 15 credits
249.382 Teaching Strategies for Diverse Learners 15 credits
264.101 How People Learn 15 credits
249.286 Equity and Diversity in Education 15 credits
249.287 Early Intervention 15 credits
249.384 Consultation and Collaboration in Inclusive Education 15 credits
254.162 Introduction to Literacy and Numeracy 15 credits
258.301 Language, Literacy and Cognitive Development 15 credits
P Any 200-level course from Education
269.232 Multicultural Education 15 credits
271.150 Holistic Approaches to Communication Disorders 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020