Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma in Agriculture requires that the candidate will have met the University admission requirements as specified and will have successfully completed, to the satisfaction of Academic Board,
(a) 12 weeks farm employment; or
(b) a level 3 NZQF Certificate that is agriculture related.
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Agriculture shall follow a parts-based programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) Parts One and Two as specified in the Schedule for the Diploma in Agriculture;
(b) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. The Diploma in Agriculture is awarded without specialisations.
4. Candidates are required to complete all courses from Part One before proceeding to Part Two.
5. Students who are admitted to the qualification on the basis of successful completion of the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture will be considered to have completed the requirements of Part One.
6. The Academic Board, in restricted circumstances and on the advice of the examiners, may award a combined results pass. Course 119.101 Farm Production Systems must be passed with a minimum C grade.
7. A candidate's programme of study may not exceed four years from the date of first enrolment in the Diploma in Agriculture.
8. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification, and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes; candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Foundation Certificate in Agriculture should they meet the relevant Qualification requirements.
9. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
117.006 Animal Production and Health 15 credits
119.106 Farm and Industry Study 15 credits
189.006 Soil Productivity 15 credits
283.006 Pasture and Crop Production 15 credits
117.106 Animal Production 15 credits
119.116 Farm Management 15 credits
138.106 Agricultural Engineering 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020