Skip to Content
Our campuses are currently closed to the public. Visit www.massey.ac.nz/coronavirus for our COVID-19 updates
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to the Diploma in Communication requires that the candidate will meet the University admission requirements as specified.
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Communication shall follow a flexible programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 120 credits, comprising:
(a) 15 credits selected from Schedule A; and
(b) 30 credits selected from Schedule B; and
(c) 30 credits selected from Schedule C; and
(d) 45 credits at 200 level or above from Part II of the Bachelor of Communication Schedule.
3. The Diploma in Communication is awarded without endorsements.
4. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
5. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes. Candidates who do not meet the requirements for graduation may, subject to the approval of Academic Board, be awarded the Certificate in Arts should they meet the requirements.
6. The general Unsatisfactory Progress Regulations will apply.
219.101 Media Skills 15 credits
219.108 Introduction to Journalism 15 credits
139.133 Creative Communication 15 credits
154.101 Introduction to Media Studies 15 credits
172.131 Language and Communication 15 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 08 October 2019