Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
These regulations are to be read in conjunction with all other Statutes and Regulations of the University including General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, and Graduate Certificates.
1. Admission to Diploma in Meat Technology requires that the candidate will:
(a) have attained at least 14 credits at NCEA Level 2 in each of English, Mathematics, and either Science or Biology, and at least 7 credits in a fourth subject;
(b) produce evidence of a satisfactory standard of general education and/or informal learning equivalent to that specified in Regulation 1(a).
2. Candidates for the Diploma in Meat Technology shall follow a parts-based programme of study, which shall consist of courses totalling at least 135 credits, comprising:
(a) completion of Part One and Part Two;
(b) courses as specified in the Schedule to the Diploma;
(c) completion of practicum requirements;
(d) attending field trips, studios, workshops, tutorials, and laboratories as required.
3. Candidates who, in the opinion of the Academic Board, have provided sufficient evidence of attainment in the subjects of Part One may be cross-credited with specified or unspecified courses not exceeding a total of 45 credits from Part One. This is additional to standard cross-crediting maxima.
4. Notwithstanding Regulations 2(c) and 6, practicum requirements may be waived if the candidate has recently completed a total of at least two years of meat industry experience that in the opinion of Academic Board or their delegate is sufficient to enable the candidate to complete the programme of study.
5. The Diploma in Meat Technology is awarded without specialisation.
6. Candidates must complete to the satisfaction of Academic Board two periods of practical work totalling not less than 300 hours and practical reports in accordance with the requirements of courses 142.018 Practicum I and 142.019 Practicum II.
7. Progression to Part Two from Part One is on the basis of successful completion of Part One or waiver in accordance with Regulation 3.
8. Progression from Part Two to completion is on the basis of passing all of Part Two or through the award of Combined Results Pass.
9. In cases of sufficient merit achieved throughout Part Two of the programme, the Diploma in Meat Technology may be awarded with Distinction.
10. The timeframes for completion as outlined in the General Regulations for Undergraduate Degrees, Undergraduate Diplomas, Undergraduate Certificates, and Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates will apply.
11. Candidates may be graduated when they meet the Admission, Qualification and Academic requirements within the prescribed timeframes.
12. The general Unsatisfactory Academic Progress regulations will apply.
280.107 Automation & New Technology in the Meat Industry 15 credits
142.018 Practicum I 0 credits
142.019 Practicum II 0 credits
Page authorised by Academic Manager
Last updated on Thursday 17 September 2020