Skip to Content
Scan the QR code using the NZ COVID Tracer app when you enter campus.
|From 26 Aug 2019 9:00 AM|
To 29 Aug 2019 5:00 PM
|Executive Seminar Suite|
|Wallace Street, Mt Cook, Wellington|
This interactive course examines current and emerging challenges to the Asia-Pacific security environment and their implications for New Zealand.
Key topics that will be covered include:
- the implications of the New Zealand Government policy “reset” towards the Pacific Islands
- shifts within regional geopolitics and major power competition
- the Korean Peninsula and South China Sea
- non-traditional security threats, such as climate change and cyber security
- the security-trade-development nexus
- regional security cooperation mechanisms
What will be the learning outcomes?
- Participants will develop a comprehensive understanding of complex regional security challenges and strategic trends
- Participants will assess the current New Zealand responses to regional security challenges and consider alternative multi- stakeholder collaborative arrangements
Lead academic presenters and facilitators:
- Professor Rouben Azizian
- Dr Anna Powles
- Dr Germana Nicklin
- Also included are presentations by international experts and representatives of senior government, business and civil society.
Cost $2519 (incl gst)
(04) 801 5799 ext 63184
Page authorised by Manager, Events
Last updated on Thursday 05 September 2019