Skip to Content
Applications are invited from students who are immediate family members of Fonterra suppliers that live in the Taranaki region.
Applicants will be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents and intend to take up a career or be engaged in some occupation or profession relevant to the dairy Industry.
The level of individual grants paid is dependent on the numbers of successful applicants and range from $2000-$5000.
The grants will be paid in a one-off lump sum payment.
Application Process and key dates:
The application process will be in two stages:
Stage 1: Application via email with the following documents
• Completed application form
• Personal supporting statement including future plans (no more than one page)
• CV with 2 references
Stage one applicants will be shortlisted and those that are successful will continue to the
Stage 2: Interview and presentation
• Presentation to the Selection panel including applicant’s future in the dairy industry.
(up to 10 minutes)
• Interview (approx 15 minutes) with the selection panel
Eligibility and criteria:
• Applicants will be immediate family members of Fonterra suppliers (Shareholders or Sharemilkers) in the Taranaki region.
• Need to be either a New Zealand Citizen or New Zealand Permanent Resident.
• The scholarship is to be used for tuition and books.
• Students need to be registered in a full-time course at either a University, or Institute of Technology by 31 March in the year of the award and satisfactorily complete course work in each year preceding re-application.
• The scholarship will be awarded on the recommendation of the John Young Memorial Scholarship Selection Panel comprising representatives from Fonterra and the New Zealand dairy industry.
The scholarships are awarded based on:
• Evidence of and/or planned activity to support the New Zealand dairy industry.
• Academic merit.
• Evidence of potential leadership skills and/or service to the community or sporting activities etc.
• Academic performance in the previous year of the course for re-application by existing scholars.
Application and contacts
Complete the scholarship application form at the bottom of this page and forward your completed application to:
Anne Tippett firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications are accepted by email.
Application cannot be accepted before 30/08/2019.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 18 June 2019