Skip to Content
1. There shall be Fellowships to be called the Joan Berry Fellowships in Veterinary Science.
2. The Fellowships shall be open to veterinary science students with a particular interest in promoting animal health and welfare.
3. The Fellowships shall be used to pursue a course of study towards a postgraduate degree or diploma directed towards research into animal health and welfare.
4. The Fellowships shall be awarded annually and shall have a value of up to $8,500 per annum for a graduate. A lesser or greater amount may apply depending upon the available income. A proportion of any Fellowship may be used to support the research of the recipient, this being nominated at the time of the award.
5. The Fellowship(s) may be held in conjunction with other awards.
6. Money unallocated in any one year may be retained for allocation in subsequent years or added to capital of the Trust supporting the Fellowships.
7. The Fellowships shall be awarded on the recommendation of the Executive of the School of Veterinary Sciences. Need as well as academic merit may be taken into account.
8. Closing date for applications shall be 10 January each year. However, in special circumstances and when finance permits consideration may be given to applications received other than by the normal closing date.
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 18 June 2019