Skip to Content
New information following the change in COVID-19 alert levels. massey.ac.nz/coronavirus
A student should ideally have an Offer of Place before they can apply for a scholarship.
The aim of the Massey Business School, International Student Study Award (“the Award”) is to attract top-achieving new international students enrolling in full-time business Programme on the Manawatu or Wellington campuses at Massey University.
The Award will be based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee. The Awards may be awarded annually, and will be to the value of $5,000 per 120 credits enrolled, for up to the total credit value of the Programme.
• Undergraduate Programme maximum $15,000
• Postgraduate Programme maximum $10,000
The total number of new awards to be awarded each year is subject to approval by the Massey Business School Executive Team.
Applicants must be:
• The recipient must be enrolled in an eligible undergraduate or postgraduate programme offered by Massey Business School and subject to the programme being available at the Manawatu or Wellington campuses
• Recipients must be enrolled at the Manawatu or Wellington campus as "internal" students (who take courses delivered by either Internal or Block mode). Students enrolling as distance or mixed mode delivery (combination of Internal and Distance courses) will not be eligible to apply
• Continuation of the award payment is subject to the recipient remaining in an eligible programme and campus
• The Award is subject to the recipient meeting all programme admission requirements
• For the purpose of this award, the academic merit is assessed as an admissions Grade Point Average determined by Massey University or equivalent measure, as determined by Massey University
Applicants must remain full fee paying International students whilst studying in their approved Programme in New Zealand throughout the duration of their study.
The award will be awarded for a term equivalent to the full-time study period for the recipient’s programme, but subject to satisfactory academic performance to instalment payments after the first year.
The tenure of the Massey Business School International Student Study Award shall commence at the start of semester one or two.
The value of the Massey Business School International Student Study Award will be to the value of $5,000 per 120 credits enrolled, for up to the total credit value of the Programme.
Undergraduate Programme maximum $15,000 Postgraduate Programme maximum $10,000.
• The award will be paid in installments as a tuition fee credit in each semester of study following confirmation of enrolment, after the official withdrawal without financial penalty date.
• Instalments of the award after the first year are dependent on the recipient successfully passing all courses in the prior year of study.
Conditions of Study Recipients must be full-fee-paying international students, who are neither citizens nor permanent residents of New Zealand or Australia. (If, during the tenure of an award, a recipient's immigration status changes so that he or she is no longer a full-fee paying international student and thereby obtains a partial refund of academic fees from the University, the award will be withdrawn).
The award may not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, bursary award, or grant from Massey University.
At the discretion of Massey University, the terms and conditions of the Award may be modified in special circumstances or to avoid hardship to any recipient.
• The Award will be based on academic merit at the discretion of the selection committee.
• A selection committee will be appointed by Massey Business School Executive Team to assess all applications. Outcomes will typically be notified four weeks after the closing date.
An offer of a Massey Business School International Student Study Award is not an offer of admission to Massey University, nor does it imply approval of enrolment in a programme at Massey University.
Applications close on the 30th November for students who intend to commence their first year study in the following year to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
APPLICATIONS CLOSE ON 30 NOVEMBER 2020
Page authorised by Web Content Manager
Last updated on Tuesday 18 June 2019